What we are Reading- January 2019



Half way through the month! I wanted to start this year off right by reading. I have come up with a good schedule for reading.I will share in the future on how I have added more reading time to our family schedule.

This month I and reading The 5 Love languages by Gary Chapman. This book isn't new but it is a must read. I have had many conflicts with my mother-in-law. We do not see eye to eye on many aspects of living. The one lifestyle that has the biggest conflict is food followed by toys. I believe her main love languages are service and gift giving. If it wasn't for this book, I would not have known how to approach her complaints about gifts. She mainly loves to do for people and expects for people to do for her. I am not a service focused person at all. Its nice that people do things for me, but I often find it difficult to deal with because I have to go behind people to fix or adjust what was done. I am really not a gift-giving person either. I gift during holidays and birthdays but I give practical gifts. So Thank you Gary for providing a resource that allows families to function a little better.

My second book of the month is Becoming by Michelle Obama. This was a gift. I cracked into it last month. I will be slowly reading this book as a secondary read.

I am currently seeking my third book of the month. I have been thinking of what really speaks to my heart and is allowing me to progress in my current path. It is so important for me to figure out how to help shape my family into what feels comfortable.

Please share you current or favorite read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Goals

Happy New Year

6 Ways the 1st Birthday will Stress you Out

Sumo