I Miss You

Nearly six years ago I said I DO to my life partner. I spent a number of days wondering and dreaming about our future and what was ahead. I dreamt about being his wife, his friend and the mother of his children.

My past, I miss you.

I miss how easy those days were. How naive we were to the troubles of adulthood. We thought it was difficult balancing a Master degree and a job. We thought it was tough deciding between taking the summer off to play or take one more class. We thought it was a tough decision to cram one last study hour or get one more hour of sleep.

I miss those days.

I miss the days of lazy evenings spent decising what I should blow $20 on. Or rather it was a good use of money to attend a festival or buy a new dress. I miss the days where I was actually free to just daydream because the future was not near.

But the future is here. Day dreams are now a reality and tomorrow is today and yesterday. I miss my past where it was easier to pretend about today. Pretend that I have time to make any decision anytime I want. I miss you my past, but I am happy to be where I am today. I am happy that my future is today and my past happened the way it did!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Adoption Fundraiser!

Eyes on the Prize

How to Beat the Summer Desk Blues

Sumo