2019 Goals


Every family should have an annual theme. A theme is what the family is striving for. It is what motivates them to do something that year. It can guide them towards or even away from a situation. Each December Hubby and I sit down to discuss what our theme of the year will be. We want to make sure that we are making strides for a better year. The theme for us isn’t based on one goal like “weight lost”, but an overall idea that can be relayed into other aspects of our lives.


Cleanse 

 In 2019, we want to cleanse ourselves of all that we do not need, want, and care to carry forward. We are appling this theme to holidays, friends, food and careers. We are clearing out the useless, the burden laden and the old. It isn't enough to just ignore things, that is merrily just a quick fix. We want to permanently adjust what we do, what we buy, what we wear and what we eat. As one friend put it "yall getting hippy-er?!" And he isnt referring to my thighs...


Financial Goal– Pay off #6 student loans.
I only have one goal in the financial department and it is to pay off 6 of hubby and my student loans. Our large loans are divided up into little loans that can be paid off individually while maintaining the monthly payment.

Self Improvement Goal
Gain a true friend. This is hard as it is a little weird to go out searching for a friend like Sherlock Holmes. But I need a friend that I can grab a cup of tea with and just kick back. I don’t want anything formal. I want a sappy movie partner and a shopping buddy. I want someone that I can call when Hubby and Baby have drove me crazy. I want a friend that thinks it’s ok to tell me all and I tell her all.

Lose 25 more pounds – I know I can do this now that I am 24 pounds lighter, see 2018 results. My winter coat is so big that I might need a new one for the 2020 winter. How exciting is that? I am actually going to hit the gym in our building this year.

Flexitarian/Pescatarian – Meat is the constant conversation in our household because my son won’t eat it. It doesn’t matter what kind and how it is cooked, he wont eat it. His little mouth found the shredded turkey in a lasagna and spitted it out. Crazy right? Others are trying to convince me to cook the meat this way or that or to try again when he gets more teeth. He loves fish. He likes it fried, baked and sautéed. He loves veggies. He will eat peas, broccoli and sweet potatoes everyday if I cooked it. My son will eat beans, cornmeal and oatmeal. Since he eats other things so well and he won’t eat meat, why would I force him? Nope, I think we will leave this boat at the dock!

Since EJ won't eat meat, we have decreased the amount that Hubby and I have consumed. Perhaps our future is to be meatfree or we will eat just seafood. I believe by the end of 2019, we will know for sure.

Family- Capture more moments with family and friends. I plan on buying a camera in 2019 and actually learn how to use it. I want to capture the moments that make our lives unique, different and complete. I might actually start a family vlog...


Career- Secure contractual position to full status employment or sell Spoonfull full time.
 If you have been following me for some time you already know that I am one of the owners of my family's small business. We create and sell handmade preserves in a variety of flavors. This funky traditional family hobby turned business has kept my mother busy for the last 6 years. Last year, we had to slow down production. In 2019, we are trying to decide rather we will just let the business go or put more effort into getting these funky flavors into the hands of others.

Intellectual – Read through my ‘Mom Book List’. I began a mom book list back in 2015. This list has had contributions from some of my favorite Youtubers and Bloggers. I wanted to learn what all the fuss is about when it comes to fuss-free parenting, child-centered discipline and living without regret. See my post on intentional living. So I created a list that currently contains 13 books. I will keep you posted each month on what is on my reading table.

And this is it. We are trying our best to cleanse our lives and add back just the most wonderful aspects.
Do you have a theme for 2019? Please share below.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year

6 Ways the 1st Birthday will Stress you Out

Sumo